Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Had to share this

Being something of a fantasy newb, (see this post) and never having read the Lord of the Rings trilogy all the way through *dodges brickbats*, I'm not one of those fangirl types who knows which pipe tobacco Tolkien favored. However, I loved The Hobbit and read it at least twice in junior high.

Imagine my surprise and delight this morning when I signed in to my Google Reader RSS feed and one of the stories that showed up on Io9 was this --Tolkien's drawings for The Hobbit! The artwork was recently discovered among some of Tolkien's papers and has been digitized and put into a book to coincide with the 75th anniversary of the first release of the book.

There are links to the Guardian article, to at least one other blog, and to other sketchbooks by other authors which I don't have time to peruse right now, but if I find anything else awesome I'll come back and post later. Or spend your lunch time perusing them yourself.  You know you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment